Proactive and retroactive repairs to keep your system safe and generating
We are diligently and passionately involved in the maintenance of many of the projects we build. Our commitment and concern for your project extends over the full service life, during which we will monitor performance daily, rapidly detect and respond to anomalies, and perform planned maintenance annually to ensure electricity yields perform as modelled and that the project meets a high level of sustainability.
What benefits can my business expect?
- Rapid fault resolution
- Minimised losses
- Rolling annual planned preventative maintenance (PPM) agreements
- Corrective Maintenance (CR) and Emergency Call-Outs
Unknown fault finding - loss of generation
Sometimes there is something wrong and it’s not immediately obvious. Our team has a vast array of skills to deploy in finding such unknown faults and are often able to resolve them in a timely fashion.
String faults, finding and repair
String faults can reduce an inverter’s output significantly if left unchecked and in some worst cases cause fires. Once a fault occurs and is discovered we are able to test, find and repair the fault.
Inverter fault codes
If your inverter is showing a fault code we can often reduce the onsite testing time and number of visits. We have a fantastic relationship with the top inverter manufacturers and are able to source warranty replacements, refurbished units and spares with a rapid turn around.
A broken panel can impact your generation significantly and if left unchecked can cause further issues. We can source and replace the broken panel.
Where installations have been mounted using incorrect or insufficient anchors and fixings, we are happy to provide a rectification service. We will analyse your environmental conditions and ensure that your PV system is safely fixed to withstand all types of weather for its lifetime.
Replacing poorly installed cabling
During the early days of solar many installations were carried out by inexperienced installers many who jumped on the band-wagon to make a quick buck. We have seen some very questionable cabling practices that can become dangerous over time and SSW are able to consult on these problems and resolve them with low downtime.
Warranty replacement (Inverter/Panel/Comms)
Not only will servicing your solar system ensure it doesn’t suffer serious damage, you will keep on track with the terms and conditions of expensive component warranties. Under these warranties, we will send back your faulty modules or inverter(s) within the warranty period (usually around 5-12 years, subject to manufacturer) free of charge – if your system is on our O&M program. Under our O&M agreement terms, we manage warranty replacements on your behalf, utilizing our extensive relationships with industry suppliers ensuring rapid component replacement at minimal expense.
Annual Planned, Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
Our PPM service consists of an annual inspection and module clean, monthly monitoring and reporting on generation and performance, mechanical & electrical inspection of PV system structure & mechanics, inspection of PV panel condition & inverter ventilation, string lines; an inspection of surrounding conditions: shading, pest & livestock management control measures.
Rooftop Maintenance – Through extensive experience gained installing on rooftops SSW are proficient at working on almost all roof types. These bolt-on plans are often cheaper than hiring independent roofers.
- Gutter Maintenance – Gutter maintenance can be an often forgotten task. As with roof maintenance, this add-on service will often be the most-cost effective way of keeping this vital infrastructure in good order.
- Greencare – Vegetation management, particularly around ground mounted installations.
- I-V Curve Tracing – I-V Curve Tracing is a new method of monitoring which is effective at finding and diagnosing a fault by looking at the data from your PV. This add on service allows us to efficiently identify a problem, and implement a solution in the quickest possible time frame – minimising the time your yield is affected by a fault.
- Thermography and Electroluminescence Inspections – We are developing capabilities in this area together with other industry leaders. Infra-red inspection can locate faults that are invisible to the naked eye such as hot-spots, heated junction boxes, and activated by-pass diodes. These techniques allow an early identification of problems which can lead to electrical faults due to fatigue, defective components, contamination, or simply loose connections due to poor workmanship.
Corrective Maintenance (CR) and Emergency Call-outs
SSW will react to failures or malfunctions detected through remote monitoring or at your request – we can rapidly mobilise our teams to repair faults which impact on plant operations within specified reaction periods. See Remediation & Fault resolution