The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your name, postal address, email address and telephone numbers
- Your bank details where you have provided them to us in order to process a refund
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- If you have asked us to send you a quote
- If you have contacted us regarding maintenance of a PV System
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Prepare and issue a quote/contract
- Contact you regarding maintenance
- Invoice you under the terms of any contract
We may share this information with:
- The RECC
- Any other third-party organisation as may be required to fulfil our obligations under a contract that we have with you, or contracts that we have with any third parties
- IT Support
- Insurance companies where we are required to include your details on the policy
- Law enforcement or other authorities as required by applicable law
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are: We have a contractual obligation.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. We keep your personal data for a period of 7 years, commencing the last time you contact us. If you contact us during that 7-year period, the 7-year period will re-commence. As part of our year end procedure, will dispose of your information by deleting all historic files.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [Insert your organisation’s contact details for data protection queries].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk